Hi,…Its rainy season… when sky pouring cool cool water.. our mouth search for hot hot recipes right.. same way.. its cloudy outside so i decide to make delicious chicken curry with spicy…
so i didn’t sit calm, i bought 1/2 kg chicken and started my battle…
For this recipe.. You need only kitchen ingredients thats it.. OK lets start the procedure..
- chicken : 1/2 kg (washed )
- Onions : 2 big (finely chopped)
- Green chillies : 3 cut it horizontally
- Jeera seeds: 1 table spoon
- curry leaves: 2 full leaves
- Turmeric(Haldi) Powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 table spoon
- Masala Powder: 1 table spoon
- ginger garlic paste: 1.5 table spoon
- Salt: Required
- To make grind:
- Poppy seeds: 1 table spoon (gasagasalu )
- coriander seeds: 2 table spoons
- cloves: 4
- cinnamon stick:1 (medium sized)
- cardamon :2
- coconut: 3 table spoons (or u can use dry coconut)
- First wash the chicken and put in kadai, place this kadai in stove. Do not add water to it.
- Turn on the flame. add some salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well and boil it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Meanwhile take a pan roast the in-gradients mentioned in grind (point 11) and make a paste by adding little water
- when the chicken half cooked turn off the stove.
- Take other kadai, in that take some oil and add jeera ,when it splutters add curry leaves.
- Next add finely chopped onions and fry them until they turn into golden brown color.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and masala powder mix well and fry for 2 mins.
- Now add the grind paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Now add the half cooked chicken mix well and cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- meanwhile adjust chilli powder and salt taste according to your taste.
- Lastly add sufficient water (like chicken covered not fully covered with water) and cook in slow flame until get a nice gravy.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and serve hotttt….
This goes well with steamed rice, chapati’s, parathas, Naans ….
Enjoy the delicious spicy chicken curry with melting chicken in your mouth… yummmm….