Lapsi rava is made from whole wheat. Different type of recipies can be made from lapsi rava like upma, lapsi halwa etc..
Lapsi upma procedure is very simple. Preparation is just like upma. It is very quick , healthy and delicious recipe..
On your busy day it goes like a full pledged breakfast…
- Lapsi rava (broken wheat, dhaliya, Goduma rava) : 1 cup
- Onion : 1, vertically sliced
- Green chillies : 2, vertically sliced
- Mustard seeds ( Rai / avalu) : 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves : few
- Split Bengal gram (chana daal / senaga pappu) : 1 table spoon
- Split black gram (urud daal/ mina pappu) : 1 table spoon
- Salt : 1 n half table spoon ( adjust accordingly)
- Heat 2 table spoons of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds ( Rai / avalu), Split Bengal gram (China daal/ senaga pappu), Split black gram (urud daal/ mina pappu) fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies fry for 2 minutes. Later add curry leaves fry for 1 minute.
- Now add 2 cups of water and salt bring it to boil.
- Add lapsi rava (broken wheat, dhaliya, Goduma rava) mix properly. Cover with lid and reduce flame to low.
- Cook for 4 – 5 minutes, stir in between.
You can add cashew nuts or peanuts along with split Bengal gram.