Mutton curry is the most delicious curry with spicy masala flavour.. combine cook of mutton, onion paste , chilli powder and masala powder will give a fabulous tangy taste. We can make mutton pulusu also by adding tamrind water to the curry… I already introduced mutton dum biryani recipe you can go through the below link for the recipe.
In this mutton curry we use some whole spices, onion masala paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder , masala powder ,salt , half tomato and little curd. I prefer to cook mutton with onion paste and salt till mutton half cooked, later I add red chilli powder , masala powder and remaining. This will give you a softy , juicy and perfectly absorbed masala mutton piece at end of the curry.
As mentioned above with only few and our kitchen ingredients will get yummy mutton curry. Curry procedure is also very simple. Try to use pressure cooker for mutton recipes because mutton takes lot of time to cook.
Mutton curry goes well with rice or roti. We Andhra people like to have it with rice and side dish as rasam or sambaar.. A perfect meal… Yumm…
For Sambar recipe go to below link..
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Equipment used: pressure cooker
- Mutton : 1/2 kg, washed and cleaned
- Onions : 3, chopped
- Tomato: half piece, finely chopped
- Ginger : small piece ( 3 spoons of chopped pieces)
- Garlic : 8 flakes
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 2 table spoons
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Masala powder: 1 n half table spoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 table spoon
- Curd : 1 table spoon
- Coriander leaves : half cup
- Salt : as required
- Lavang : 3
- Black pepper: 4
- Bay leaf: 1
- In a mix jar , add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and chopped onion make a fine paste
- In a pressure cooker add 3 table spoons of oil, once hot add lavang , black pepper and bay leaf saute for 1 minute then add onion masala paste saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add cleaned mutton pieces and salt saute for 15 minutes. Add tomato pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chilli powder , coriander powder and masala powder saute for 5 minutes. Add curd and saute for 1 minute. Now add 2 cups of water close the cooker lid wait for 7 whistles. Cooking should be done on medium flame.
- When complete pressure goes out remove the lid and add chopped coriander leaves give a stir. Adjust salt and chilli powder, serve hot…
Spiecy mutton curry is ready to serve …