Chutney’s are the delicious recipes that are very popular in south India.. In south India chutney’s used in breakfast alomst everyday.. chutney’s goes well with idly,dosa, vada and upma as well…
Chutney’s are very healthy… Particularly these very good for children because children are fussy eaters so we have to give every recipe healthy and tasty to them…
We use chana daal( senaga pappu), urud daal (mina pappu), peanuts (pallilu), curry leaves, coriander seeds, red chillies or green chillies ( for toddlers or children don’t use chillies), coriander leaves, grated coconut (or dry coconut powder). All are healthy ingredients. Procedure is also very simple.
Preparation time : 10 minutes.
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Equipment required : frying pan
- Peanuts : 1 cup
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal/ senaga pappu): 1 table spoon
- Split black gram (urud daal/mina pappu): 1 table spoon
- Grated coconut ( or dry coconut powder) : 1 cup
- Red chilli : 4 (if using green chillies take 4)
- Coriander seeds : 1 table spoon
- Tamarind pulp: little
- Curry leaves : handful
- Coriander leaves : handful
- Salt : 1 table spoon ( adjust accordingly)
- In a frying pan heat 1 table spoon of oil. Add raw peanuts saute for 1 minute.
- Add split Bengal gram ( chana daal/ senaga pappu) , split black gram (urud daal/ mina pappu) and red chillies saute for 1 minute. Add coriander seeds and curry leaves saute for 2 minutes. Switch off stove and let it cool.( If you are using dry coconut powder add after switched off the stove and give a stir)
- In a chutney mix jar add above cooled ingredients , grated coconut,very little tamarind pulp(1 or 2 pieces), salt and coriander leaves make a fine powder. Now add 1/2 cup water , make a fine paste.
Serve with idly, dosa or wada etc…
If not using tamarind then squeeze the half lemon piece at end.