Green brinjals are one of the kind of brinjals that are generally large in size. They tastes good; particularly it is a delight for brinjal lover. This can be fastly cooked. Here I am using peanut and sesame seeds powder to make recipe more delicious and healthy.
This green brinjal sesame seeds (vankaya Nuvvu pappu kura) recipe is very healthy for kids and women. Because peanut and sesame seeds are very important for kids and women. At the same time, brinjal is also rich source of vitamins and minerals.
Procedure for this recipe is very simple. First, we dry roast peanuts and sesame seeds to make a fine powder. In a kadai saute finely chopped onions till golden brown color appears. Next add chopped brinjal pieces. When it’s done, add regular spice powders like turmeric, coriander,red chilli, masala powders and salt. When all the ingredients are properly cooked add peanut-sesame powder and cook for 5 minutes. Later, add little amount of water and cook.
It goes well with roti or rice…
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Equipment required: curry pan/ kadai
- Green brinjals: 250 gms, chopped in medium size
- Onions: 2 big, finely chopped
- Peanuts 🥜: 1 and half table spoons
- Sesame seeds: 1 and half table spoons
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder: 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 table spoon
- Masala powder: 1 table spoon
- Salt: as required
- Coriander leaves: half cup
- Firstly dry roast peanuts and sesame seeds. Let them cool. Make fine powder in mixture jar.
- In a kadai, add 2 table spoons of oil, when oil becomes hot add finely chopped onions, turmeric powder and salt, saute till golden colour appears.
- Next add chopped brinjal pieces and fry for 7 minutes. Next add coriander powder, masala powder and red chilli powder, saute for 5 minutes.
- When all ingredients are properly cooked then add peanut-sesame powder and cook for 3 minutes. While adding this powder, continuous stirring is needed.
- Lastly add 3 table spoons of water and cook till desired gravy appears.
- Adjust salt and chilli. Add coriander leaves and give a stir.
Now delicious brinjal sesame seeds curry is ready to serve…
- Adjust red chilli powder, masala and according to your taste.
- When you prepare this curry for kids, replace red chilli powder with 1 or 2 green chillies.
- Recipe should be prepared on low flame.